With fall right around the corner, I want to share how you can upcycle glass vases and baskets from the thrift store into beautiful fall lanterns.
Decorating your home for the fall season shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. So, before you scurry off to Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, and Target, let me share an affordable DIY you can create in minutes.
I practically live in thrift stores and always find vases and baskets dirt cheap. I was inspired by beautiful but expensive lanterns I found online and knew I could make them cheaper. Incorporating some simple fall DIY’s into your decor is a great way to save money.
When choosing your vases and baskets, I suggest you buy them together at the same store. This can assure you they will fit together. If you decide to pick out vases at one store and baskets at another, you may not get that perfect fit.
How to Upcycle Glass Vases + Wicker Baskets into Lanterns
- If your baskets are dirty, you can wash them with a little dish detergent and let them dry outdoors. Once your baskets are dry, proceed to removing the handles from each one.
- Wash vases, if needed.
- Insert your vases into the baskets.
- Yep, that’s it! I told you this was going to be easy.
CHECK OUT MORE THRIFTING POSTS HERE
- EASY RESTORATION HARDWARE DIY DUPES USING THRIFT FINDS
- THE BEST THINGS TO BUY AT THE THRIFT STORE
- HOW TO CREATE AN AFFORDABLE HOME GYM ON A BUDGET
- EASY AND BEAUTIFUL RESTORATION HARDWARE DIY DUPE VESSELS
These lanterns would look stunning on a fall tablescape, styled by a fireplace, or nestled among some pumpkins on the porch. Also, you can always use flameless candles instead of real ones in the lanterns.
For me, fall decorating is all about creating a cozy atmosphere for friends and family. As the days cool down and we spend more time indoors, having a warm and inviting space to come home to after a hard day is a wonderful reward. Fall decor should make you feel a certain way. It should stir up lovely memories from the past as you create new ones with the people you love.4